The Changing Workplace is a global industry-leading provider of web-based CAFM software solutions for Corporate Real Estate and Facilities groups. We use expert and creative approaches to manage corporate real estate portfolios delivering and maintaining web-based systems that report on the space, costs and assets associated with offices. Clients are predominantly within the global financial services sector.
The company’s Cape Town office is based in Blouberg, close to the Bayside Mall and the MyCiti bus station. The office is easily accessible by public transport and in addition to the MyCiti bus service there is also the normal bus and taxi service to the area. The Company also has employees based in the UK and US.
We have a vacancy for a highly motivated web software tester to be part of our software development and testing team. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience of industry best practice to the team and hit the ground running with testing of our current product range and enhancing our existing testing processes.
- Develop and implement testing processes and procedures
- Convert software requirements into test plans and test cases
- Execute test plans to verify software functionality
- Functional testing and exploratory testing of software releases
- Defect reporting & bug tracking
- Engage with developers & follow defects through to resolution
- Attend daily standup’s and provide progress updates
- Build relationships with the account managers and work collaboratively to plan releases and ensure test coverage is optimal
- Work closely with the BA’s to understand the client requirements and adapt test approach accordingly
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience of testing web based applications.
- Experience/awareness of web development languages/methodologies advantageous e.g. ColdFusion, PHP, MS SQL
- Comfortable working on their own or as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience of manual testing processes
40 hour week
Salary dependent upon experience
Candidates must also consent to background screening checks such as 5 year employment history and home address. Due to the sensitive nature of the client data that we work with, these checks may sometimes include a Credit check and a Criminal Record Disclosure.If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org